Skip to main content

Florals and Fantasies

I mentioned in my Introduction that I may include some of my photography work on this blog, so that I am doing. I will keep it short as this time the main focus is the photographs, below is a collection of photos taken by myself mostly on my Canon 700D. The photos were all organised shoots using my friends as models, and most of the shots contributed towards my photography work in college. 

The first little collection of photographs below are from when I had some kind of floral/nature theme going with my work, hence all of the pretty bright colours as it was a project set in Spring where the sun was on my side of things. 

Results of taking a trip to your local park with
your wonderful and beautiful best friend, thanks Mash.












 Moving on, below are some images with a slightly darker feel to them, in my first year of photography at college I decided on a fairytale theme for my project. Unfortunately some images from this project I can't seem to find, though I think the Snow White ones work well enough alone to sum up the work. I wish that I could show you the 'behind the scene' shots of me stood in a tree attempting to get that perfect angle, ah photography life...

Courtesy of my very pretty Snow White model, this
was my favourite shoot from my 'Fairytale' themed
photography work in AS year college.







Unfortunately I don't have the original images from this
shoot on my laptop, so these are of slightly poorer quality,
but this was a Queen of Hearts based photoshoot as part
of my college project.


I'll leave it there, just a post to mix up my blog a little to share my old work and hopefully increase my audience. I'm not sure whether I've mentioned yet in the blog my love for travelling, but you will soon come to realise as I'll have a lot of holiday photos to document on here in the near future Insha'Allah. 

Let me know what you think of my photos, or if you have any suggestions then you can comment below or contact me on Instagram or Twitter, just scroll over for the links. 

"Photography is an Art of observation, 
it has little to do with the things you see 
and everything to do with the way you see them"

-Elliot Erwitt

Thank you for reading, stay blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection.

I attend a programme every Thursday where after Du'a and Qur'an recitation, a different topic is discussed each week. This week the word 'reflection' became open for discussion. Though I didn't say anything in the moment, upon coming home I spent some time thinking about it (or you could say reflecting on it) and was also enlightened to other's views which I will include in this post since it was summed up well Masha'Allah. So I take no credit for the majority, sometimes others can put into words our views better than we do so ourself. Reflection is needed so that we can understand who we are as an individual, as a creation. Who are we? What are we made of? Unfortunately not many of us take the time to ponder or reflect in order to understand who our Lord is. Until He then grants times of difficulty which, for some, sadly encourages only temporary time periods of sincere worship to our Creator until things are back on track again. It has been said that ...

10 Reasons I Love Being a Revert.

﷽ (In the name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful) السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you all) I think that the title of the post speaks for itself so I'll just say that appropriate for my 10th post, below I thought of 10 reasons as to why I  love being a revert to Islam, rainbow style so it seems. Enjoy.  1. Having a past... This might raise the question of 'why would a person like the fact that they've done some things considered haram?' but of course they weren't wrong or haram to me at the time. What I'm referring to is being able to remember the abandonment of any sin, any arrogance or ignorance that I possessed beforehand, which Alhamdulillah wasn't of a drastic level since as I've before mentioned, people had told me prior to reverting that I would make a good Muslim. An example of past and present furthermo...

Presence.

Presence. Something that I've been thinking a lot about recently in the way that we as Muslims dismiss the presence of Allah swt and the Imam of our time, Imam Mahdi (AS). I attended a lecture recently where the speaker made some inappropriate references or made taboo jokes in order to appeal to our generation, mentioning no names as a lot of speakers have started to direct messages towards us in this way unfortunately. I say unfortunately because how have we come to this stage where we can't simply listen to a lecture on our religion that is straight to the point without some unnecessary added humour? Can't we just listen and take knowledge? Is Islam really a topic that we should take so lightly? There is laughter in the audience whilst I find myself gathering these thoughts, no signs of positive emotion on my face, looking blankly at the speaker. Maybe this makes me boring, maybe this simply makes me a little more aware of the presence that is not physical like the rest ...