Results Day
Each person is different, but I have never personally been one to spend time worrying about what might be on that piece of paper (maybe that should be a worry in itself). I simply don't feel as though I can allow a letter to define me, and on top of that - to this day I'm unsure as to what my aspirations actually are. I remain in my dreamy mindset of simply wanting to travel and see the beauty that this world beholds, photographing it along the way, for pleasure. It goes without saying that we all secretly want to see A's, but we all differ in reaction if we don't see that letter. I understand that these results are more important for some than others. I understand that some have set aspirations or have to live up to expectations of being a Doctor, a Dentist, an Architect, whatever it might be. But I wish it didn't seem to me as though people feel crushed if they don't achieve what they wished for, as though that's it, as though there's no other option now. Live, love, travel, appreciate and know that those results were already determined. If you believe in God then know that everything is already written, and He is the best of planners. If you don't believe in God then know that everything happens for a reason anyway. Who knows, in the long run being let down by these results could be the lead to you discovering a new you, coming across a new found love for something you never thought you might want to do in the future.
Results Day isn't the end of the world, if you worked hard then there's no doubt you'll get the results that you worked for. If not, life's short and there's no time to spend dwelling on what more you could have done, kicking yourself for those answers that you just couldn't remember when sitting in the cold exam hall, even though you know you knew the answer. Trust me, there's more to life than taking part in our education system, being tested on your memory or how fast you can write. You think the best Scientists were given 2 and a half hour time limits to discover what they did? You think Van Gogh timed himself when painting his masterpieces? Maybe my way of thinking is silly, but the way I see it, I won't be put to 'shame' by the system. I'm not claiming to know my politics and what not, but it's just boring, especially as these days, a degree doesn't even guarantee you the job you want. Just be you, do you.
That said, I do wish you all the best, and if you do get those A*'s and you do secure your place in uni to do what you dream of then good for you. That's just simply not a life that I feel like leading right now and I have faith that whatever plan I end up with, it will work out insha'Allah and I will be happy and I will have knowledge on all kinds of things that I could never be taught in school or college or university. It's written, you have your whole life ahead of you. If it helps, here's a link with some people that achieved without the grades: http://www.cracked.com/article_19248_6-uneducated-amateurs-whose-genius-changed-world.html





Comments
Post a Comment