Skip to main content

"And Seek Help in Patience and Prayer" [2:45]

(In the name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful)

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
(May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you all)


Source from Google images.
I said my first prayer on the 10th December 2014. My friend explained to me how to do wudhu (the act of cleansing yourself before prayer) and then primarily taught me how to pray the 2 rakats of Fajr namaz (morning prayer), talking me through it whilst I recorded it on my phone. I remember practising that night, listening back to the recording and making notes on it so that I would be able to pray Fajr for the first time that morning. Honestly, I cried. Subhan'Allah I have no idea why but after I had prostrated myself to Allah s.w.t for the first time (even though now I know that I was facing the wrong way) I couldn't help but cry, I'm going to assume due to emotions such as relief, hope, and accomplishment. After that I only went through phases of praying Fajr as it wasn't Wajib (compulsory) upon me yet. 

Amongst the gifts from the Sheikh that I mentioned in a previous post was a prayer mat and a book entitled 'Method of Salat Along with Pictures'. I read through the book fully before practising again, mainly learning how to bring in the extra rakats for Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha prayers. People had often told me prior to this not to try to do everything at once, "maybe just start with 2 or 3 prayers and work your way up to the daily 5 so as not to overwhelm yourself" but I didn't find it overwhelming at all; prayer quickly became my favourite part of the day. It's so important as a Muslim to take time out of your day to gain closeness to Allah and thank him, no matter how good or bad a day you have had, no matter how 'busy' you are. After a week or so of praying with this book laid out in front of the prayer mat, I soon knew prayer by heart. I met another revert Muslim recently that told me "prayer became a second nature" to them and that's definitely how I feel too. Alhamdulillah, I haven't missed a prayer since becoming Muslim and without prayer now I would feel lost.


Now, I want to pray all over the world, 'the earth is a place of prostration' and you should remember your creator wherever you are whether that be through tasbeeh, dua or prayer itself. It's beautiful how despite already being The All Knowing, Allah s.w.t listens to each and every one of us when we call out to him, and when our duas aren't answered we know that what we asked for wasn't right for us because He has better plans. 


Just a short post today I guess, thank you for reading. 



Eltemase Dua. 

اللّهُمّ صَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّدٍ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection.

I attend a programme every Thursday where after Du'a and Qur'an recitation, a different topic is discussed each week. This week the word 'reflection' became open for discussion. Though I didn't say anything in the moment, upon coming home I spent some time thinking about it (or you could say reflecting on it) and was also enlightened to other's views which I will include in this post since it was summed up well Masha'Allah. So I take no credit for the majority, sometimes others can put into words our views better than we do so ourself. Reflection is needed so that we can understand who we are as an individual, as a creation. Who are we? What are we made of? Unfortunately not many of us take the time to ponder or reflect in order to understand who our Lord is. Until He then grants times of difficulty which, for some, sadly encourages only temporary time periods of sincere worship to our Creator until things are back on track again. It has been said that ...

10 Reasons I Love Being a Revert.

﷽ (In the name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful) السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you all) I think that the title of the post speaks for itself so I'll just say that appropriate for my 10th post, below I thought of 10 reasons as to why I  love being a revert to Islam, rainbow style so it seems. Enjoy.  1. Having a past... This might raise the question of 'why would a person like the fact that they've done some things considered haram?' but of course they weren't wrong or haram to me at the time. What I'm referring to is being able to remember the abandonment of any sin, any arrogance or ignorance that I possessed beforehand, which Alhamdulillah wasn't of a drastic level since as I've before mentioned, people had told me prior to reverting that I would make a good Muslim. An example of past and present furthermo...

Presence.

Presence. Something that I've been thinking a lot about recently in the way that we as Muslims dismiss the presence of Allah swt and the Imam of our time, Imam Mahdi (AS). I attended a lecture recently where the speaker made some inappropriate references or made taboo jokes in order to appeal to our generation, mentioning no names as a lot of speakers have started to direct messages towards us in this way unfortunately. I say unfortunately because how have we come to this stage where we can't simply listen to a lecture on our religion that is straight to the point without some unnecessary added humour? Can't we just listen and take knowledge? Is Islam really a topic that we should take so lightly? There is laughter in the audience whilst I find myself gathering these thoughts, no signs of positive emotion on my face, looking blankly at the speaker. Maybe this makes me boring, maybe this simply makes me a little more aware of the presence that is not physical like the rest ...