﷽
(In the name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful)
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
(May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you all)
I've mentioned having many Muslim friends, and I could take something from each one of them. I remember sitting by a friend in class as I was about to eat a Double Decker or something, and I said "do you say Bismillah before you eat?" to which she replied something along the lines of "aww how do you know?!" (those of you that know me from college can probably guess who that is). But what I'm getting to is for example from that day she then knew of my interest in Islam, so there then came a point Alhamdulillah where she invited me over to her house and I went with her Mum to a mosque for the first time; where I was more enlightened by a lady there and before going home, my friend's Mum borrowed me a copy of the Qur'an. This was the first time that I'd even held the Qur'an, and I was excited to go home and read some of its verses. With Qur'an, I feel like there's an instant connection, whether you're Muslim or not - even if you have no interest in Islam - I assure you there will be a verse in the Qur'an that allows you to feel something. The Qur'an that I was borrowed had an English translation so I read that whilst simply looking at the Arabic imagining one day being able to read such a beautiful scripture. Long story short it didn't take long for me to become reliant on the Qur'an in times of need, when I was ever upset, confused, or even when I was happy; you gotta remember who grants you your happiness and gain closeness to Him through His words.
![]() |
Everything helped bring me to where I am today, and I appreciate any help that I had from anybody but I wanted to know more than some of them could tell me, and the person that I mentioned at the end of my last post provided that. Allahuma barik laha, I pray that Allah grants this person peace and happiness always and accepts their duas Insha'Allah. This friend shown me Islam in a whole new light, with more passion and knowledge than I had experienced with others. I was always eager to ask more questions and be enlightened. It's evident that eventually my own love for Islam came across as my friend told me that I would make a beautiful Muslim, before giving me some books that would benefit me as somebody new. I had books given to me by a few people, some of which I wouldn't personally recommend, but I'll focus on the books that made me sure of the decisions that I wanted to make in the future. Then I Was Guided and a book on Karbala were the first Islamic books that I really connected with (besides Qur'an of course), and when reading them I just couldn't put them down. Then I Was Guided I know is a popular book, and since this isn't a book review, you guys can guess what goes on from the title, a story of how somebody came to the path of truth. The book on Karbala was a little more in the deep end, giving me knowledge of a specific event that I have only gained more passion about since - Muharram, the 10th day and everything else that comes with the story of Karbala, Subhan'Allah. At this time I was getting on with my day to day life, college and other general things whilst I would then go home and look further and further into Islam, allowing it to become noticeable over the months to close friends and family (through my speech, clothing, what I ate...) which I will get into in another post Insha'Allah. I'd get knowledge from wherever I could, books, lectures online, Islamic TV channels, just thankful for anything that I could learn - making sure the sources were non-bias and reliable which is important for anybody who might be reading this that's thinking of learning about Islam.
All in all after this research came a point in late 2014 where I could no way stay the way I was having learnt what I had learnt and felt what I had felt up until then. I knew in my heart that I was a Muslim and that I had to take the final steps, and I loved that friends and family could see that too. Allahu Akbar (Allah is Great), I don't know what else to say because even as I'm writing these posts I'm still grasping the fact that I'm Muslim and so blessed. Having said the above, it was months later that I actually took my Shahada (declaration of faith) and truth be told I don't really know what stopped me from doing so until then, Allah s.w.t works in mysterious ways. In my next post I'll talk of how I eventually got to 'officially' becoming Muslim and continue my journey from there.
Eltemase Dua.
اللّهُمّ صَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّدٍ

Comments
Post a Comment